This post covers everything you need to know to start affiliate marketing, even if you’ve never earned a single penny online before or if you’re a complete stranger to affiliate marketing. However, it may sound easy, but you shouldn’t expect the great results overnight. You need to do efforts and spend time on deciding products, promoting them and driving the traffic to earn money. Here are 5 quick tips to make money with affiliate marketing.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
It is a process to earn a commission by promoting products or services online whenever a sale is made through your recommendation. This commission may range from $1 to $10,000 depending on the type of product or service you are promoting.
1. Decide your Product Niche
Choose a niche, or area of specialization, before you start marketing products.
Your niche doesn’t necessarily need to be one that you’re already familiar with. You can also choose a niche in which you’re enthusiastic about learning.
It is always good to choose a niche in which you are able to work for a long time. This way you’re more liable to do the work and less likely to get reluctant before you get good money out of it.
2. Choose Products and Services to Promote
Once you’ve chosen your niche, start researching on products you’re going to promote. There are many affiliate marketers that help in connecting merchants with affiliate publishers for the purpose of selling goods. Let’s see few examples of such companies:
- 1sale1deal.com is one of fastest growing affiliate portal associated with Amazon India, It brings latest deals and offers from amazon India directly to your Inbox if you are a subscribed user
- Commission Junction is an affiliate network that is known for promoting products traditional products. It is an ideal option for newbies who haven’t narrowed down their niche yet.
- Clickbank, E-junkie, and PayDotCom are for marketers who are interested in digital content such as e-books and software.
- Google AdSense, which requires less involvement calculates income on a Pay-Per-Click basis and this is merely for leading your traffic to click to a merchant’s site. This model pays much less than other models where your referral must result in a sale.
There are many ways to generate free organic traffic to your website click here to learn more
3. Build a Website or Blog
Supposing you don’t have a website or blog built in advance, this would be your next step. You need your personal website or blog to post links and advertise for the products or services you recommend. If you’re a newbie, then it is best to start with WordPress. As WordPress CMS and coding skills come in handy and most importantly, you won’t require any technical skills to make your site up and running. Next, you need to:
- Buy a domain name from Hostgator or GoDaddy.com that offer inexpensive website services. Choose your domain name wisely.
- Set up hosting with a reputable and reliable hosting provider because your affiliate marketing business depends on it.
- Install WordPress for your site as it installs within a single click.
- Choose and customize your theme on WordPress.
4. Drive Targeted Traffic to Your Site
There may be people who are visiting your site or blog but not clicking on your affiliate links. So in order to make them click on your affiliate links you need to incorporate a mix of these traffic sources. Let’s walk through these sources:
- Reviews- Share your views on different types of products to help visitors make the best decision they want to purchase. Visitors like reading reviews to find out what experience other people had with a product or service.
- Paid advertising- A proper blend of ad copy, graphics, and call to action message is required to compel people to click and buy. This method is a sure hit because you get money even if a reader have made a purchase or not.
- Ebook- If you’ve good writing skills and have interesting topics that you’d like to share with your readers, create and publish an ebook which is totally unique. You can add your affiliate links in images or text.
- How-to-tutorials- You can add a lot of value to your content by writing tips and step by step instructions on how to make the most of the product. For example, ‘’how to make money with affiliate marketing” tutorial with links to products that did a great job for you.
5. Learn How it Works
You can join many online resources to gain a valuable idea and insights by gurus. These online resources or forums are free to join. Digital Point, aBestWeb, and Warrior Forum are examples of such free resources that are a great place to learn tips, techniques from more experienced marketers. They are killer networking forums that help you to connect with other marketers as well.
You may find struggling to start an affiliate marketing business, but when done right, it’s worth the effort. Thus learn about all the tools and strategies from both experts and peers. Once you get all your affiliates arranged, you will your money making venture transforming into a huge success.