Are you a realtor looking for on-page digital marketing tips for real estate?
Be it an off-page or on-page marketing for your real estate business, my primary piece of advice is that always put your customer’s needs at top priority. Any kind of marketing may instigate your audience to do business with you. But what matters the most is your less self-serving approach. So, if you need some practical on-page digital marketing tips to automate your real estate business, you must check out this simple list:
A website is a marketing platform where you can encourage your potential customers to come back again and again. And without that, your marketing efforts are not going to make a much of difference. Here are some aspects to consider while building a website:
- User-friendly design elements
- Easy to use and navigate
- Different copies of educational content
- Proper keyword implementation
A beautifully designed website, call to action buttons and a clear value proposition is all you need to be establish yourself as an expert agent in your field.
2. Real Estate Keywords
If as a real estate developer you want to take your business to new heights then make sure your real estate website and the blog has the suitable keywords. As it easily helps search engine to identify which web pages match particular web queries. You can basically include three types of categories in your real estate keywords: local, generic and hyper local.
- Generic Real Estate Keywords: This kind of keywords are specifically meant for those who want to capture the interest from home buyers irrespective of their locality or region. Some of the examples of generic keywords are – how much is my home worth, real estate investment, the best time to buy a home, etc. You can insert such keywords to increase web traffic to your real estate site and increase your ranking on search engines.
- Local Real Estate Keywords: These are usually long tail keywords for targeting audience within your city, zip code, or locality. For instance, for one of my real estate client, “Green Lotus Apartments“- I have used local real estate keywords like “flats for sale in Zirakpur” and “flats in Zirakpur” city. These keywords delivered improved Google rankings. So you can add any targeted location with the specific real estate keyword.
- Hyper local Real Estate Keywords: Hyper local keywords are of great advantage for service oriented businesses. These keywords should be used to target particular neighborhoods and leads within your locality. The average price of a home in Zirakpur neighborhood, crime rates in Zirakpur neighborhood & are home value in Zirakpur neighborhood increasing are only a few of the examples of hyper local keywords. You can also research and plan keywords with the help of Google Adwords and Keyword Planner.
3. XML Sitemap
Adding your sitemap to Google Search Console is also one of the on-page digital marketing strategies that are important for an agent in a real estate sector. It is an essential step because without submitting an XML sitemap of your website, crawlers will not be able to index your website and show you relevant data.
4. Mobile Version
The use of mobiles for searching any information has surpassed the desktop search option in 2017. Hence, it would be wise to make your real estate site mobile responsive to get it placed higher in search engine results. This would automatically turn your prospects into home buyers too.
Moreover, Google has also introduced mobile first index in search to ensure mobile results are indexed before desktop results. So if you want to make a strong foothold in the real estate sector, you need a website that is mobile friendly.
5. Page Load
Page load is considered as a vital aspect in providing rich user experience. So a site that takes more than 2-3 seconds to load face a high bounce rate resulting in poor conversions rate. Therefore, always maintain a page load time of 2-3 seconds on all kind of devices. Below is a screenshot of a page load performance of one of my client- Tricity Trade Tower. Their website has a great performance in terms of page speed, loading time, page size and other page performance factors.
6. Image ALT Attribute
Inserting alt attribute to an image is also one of the basic On-page digital marketing techniques. Realtors can implement this strategy to make it accessible to search engines.
As of 2017, it is also assumed to be the latest digital marketing trends this year. According to a real estate statistic, 85% of the home buyers see an image of the property online. Since image searches are of much importance today, you can include the targeted keyword such as “Flats in Zirakpur” in the alt text option. Hence, whenever a potential customer input the similar phrase on Google search bar, your site can be found on the top of the results.
7. MLS Listing Pages
The use of MLS IDX data is common among all real estate agents. It is an easy way to showcase your listings by just following the same format for every property. To rank for multiple long tail keywords you have to make sure that the template for your listings page is well optimized.
8. Internal Linking
Every real estate professional should include internal linking as a core step of on-page digital marketing for real estate. This is necessary to help a home buyer or seller to easily navigate across your content. You should always ensure that similar kind of real estate page cross-links each other using relevant keywords in anchor text. All internal links should only use absolute URLs.
9. Comprehensive Content
Yes, the real life saying “length is strength” holds true in digital marketing too. A longer and comprehensive content tends to rank higher on Google. Besides the length of the content, the quality of content must be your first and foremost priority. So always write a list based content keeping content quality and uniqueness in mind.
10. Social Sharing Elements
Google actually tracks your social media presence and it is a determining factor to rank your content. It has been found in a survey that around 91% of the realtors use social sharing platforms to engage with their audience.
So it’s better to provide social media elements such as buttons with the content to expand your social outreach and user engagement. Including sections like social sharing, discussion forums, review section within a website would be an effective way for your social amplification. Therefore, you as an agent is required to become comfortable with these free marketing channels.
Well, there are only a few of the on-page digital marketing tips for real estate agents to gain higher SERPs. Other than the above-mentioned tactics you can also use techniques like semantic or LSI keywords, optimizing page title, description, URL, H tags & hosting, SEO friendly CMS, robots.txt configuration, etc.
If you’re into real estate sector and facing digital campaign performance issues, then I am sure this article would be worth a shot. Feel free to reach me for any of your question or concern. Trust me, I can help you scale your real estate business with my proven digital marketing techniques.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in our comment section below!